The Gold level of the Veterinary Animal Care Assistant Award will cover
- Understanding the profession better
- Teamwork and Colleague Satisfaction
- Bereavement and Condolences
- Information and Communication Technology
- Professional Conduct and Contribution
- Managing Challenging Situations
- 10 Common Non-Urgent Symptoms.
- 10 Urgent Symptoms and how to triage them.
Upon completion of this course you will be confident about:
- How the veterinary profession is regulated and which roles are regulated.
- The stresses and strains other roles within your team commonly experience.
- The basics of bereavement and condolences.
- How to create documents and communicate using email, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- The principles of Professional Conduct and Contribution.
- How to approach and manage some challenging situations at reception.
- Recognising the 10 most common non-urgent symptoms seen in small animal practice.
- Recognising and triaging 10 urgent symptoms seen in small animal practice.
Many VCA's aspire to become veterinary nurses, and although this is not a qualification Colourful CPD provides, by completing our Veterinary Animal Care Assistant award it has put you in the perfect position to progress onto nursing.
If a significant proportion of your time involves helping out on reception, we would recommend our Client Care courses and qualifications which you can browse here.
What Our Clients Say
Thank you so much for creating an award for VCA's. I have really enjoyed all three levels. Bronze, Silver and Gold entail fabulous information and I do look forward to applying them to my team!