This Colourful CPD course is delivered as a series of short webinars and each webinar is followed by multiple choice questions in which students can test their understanding of the teaching provided.
The Bronze level of the Veterinary Animal Care Assistant award will cover:
Module 1 – Introduction to animal husbandry; principles of animal healthcare, species, breeds, conformational awareness and vital signs.
Module 2 – Animals handling; basic restraint techniques for cats and dogs.
Module 3 – Basic veterinary terminology, anatomy and physiology; understanding veterinary words, directional terms and basic overviews of the core organ systems.
Upon completion of this course you will be confident about:
- Basic veterinary medical terminology.
- The basic principles of animal husbandry and animal healthcare, including the 5 freedoms of Animal Welfare in the UK.
- The difference between species, breeds, and parameters, including gestation periods, temperature/respiratory rates, etc.
- How to restrain different species of patients you will work with
- The basic anatomy and physiology of the core-organ systems.
Why not step-up to the Silver level of Colourful CPD's Veterinary Animal Care Assistant award? Where the Bronze level explores the scope of basic animal care for VCA's in practice, the Silver level helps VCA's define their practical skills and inter-practice knowledge.
What Our Clients Say
“I found Colourful CPD's Bronze VCA award fantastic and it really tested my skills (some of the info I hadn’t come across is years). I would absolutely recommend this for all vca/auxillary position nurses as it’s a massive mind set for anyone wanting to further their knowledge before heading off to do their nursing.”
“Excellent course for not only anyone starting out in the veterinary industry, but also for someone whose been a VCA for a while. I've learnt new things doing this course.”