This module is extracted from the Non-Clinical Skills certificate in Veterinary Practice Management which is available via this link.
This course will help you understand:
- The difference between the veterinary profession and the veterinary industry.
- The different types of veterinary practice (species, ownership, first opinion vs. referral).
- Regulation of the veterinary profession (The Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966, The RCVS, and The Veterinary Medicines Regulations 2011).
- Veterinary Professionals (definitions and regulations).
- Acts of Veterinary Surgery as defined in law (Schedule 3 Exemptions).
- The role and relevance of the RCVS's Practice Standards Scheme.
Continue to perform your job, but with a better understanding of the profession you work in.
What Our Clients Say
This course was so useful to someone curious like myself that wanted to understand the background of the profession. I think it's really important for all roles, especially non-clinical ones like mine, to take this course and better their knowledge of the industry they work in.