The CertNCS(CVC) is structured in two halves.
The first half of the The CertNCS(CVC) focuses on the principles and practices associated with coaching the Primary Consultation. This half is structured as 3 modules focusing on coaching Clinical resolution, Client satisfaction and Financial resolution. Each of these 3 modules consists of 4 webinars covering the goals and challenges, the mindsets and knowledge, and skills required to achieve each of these outcomes during the primary consultation. Each module is followed by a series of reflective questions exploring how to coach the concepts and principles of the Colourful Consultation approach discussed in the webinars. This section finishes by asking you to complete 5 reflective survey-style case reports relating to your approach and learning journey whilst coaching veterinary colleagues during 5 primary consultations.
The second half of the CertNCS(CVC) focuses on coaching the concepts and principles associated with the remaining types of veterinary consultations;
- The follow-up
- The health check and vaccination (both primary and annual booster)
- The long-term medical check-up and re-prescription check
- The euthanasia consultation
Each section is followed by a series of reflective questions exploring how to coach the concepts and principles discussed in the webinars. This section also requires you to complete 5 reflective survey-style case reports relating to your approach and learning journey whilst coaching veterinary colleagues during each of these four types of consultation.
There is no time limit on the completion of this course.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to coach other veterinary surgeons to:
- Understand and recognise the outcomes of successful veterinary consultations.
- Understand and define the various clinical resolution strategies.
- Understand and define the concept of the macro-clinical history and micro-clinical history.
- Understand and define the psychological objectives of a clinical examination.
- Recognise the potential for, and the impact of, psychological bias during clinical examination.
- Understand the importance of creating a problem list.
- Recognise and define the concept of client satisfaction, whilst also learning how to reach this.
- Understand and explain the distribution of a veterinary practice’s income, with respect to covering associated cost-centres.
- Anticipate, understand and define challenges associated with driving financial productivity and receiving payments.
- Recognise, understand and consider the clinical challenges peculiar to each type of consultation.
- Recognise, understand and consider the client challenges peculiar to each type of consultation.
- Recognise, understand and consider the financial challenges peculiar to each type of consultation.
- Recognise, understand and consider the clinician challenges peculiar to each type of consultation.
Why not take a look at the other vet courses we have available on our website. Or alternatively, you could look into taking on management knowledge with our range of management courses.
What Our Clients Say
This certificate in coaching veterinary consultations has allowed me to confidently guide my vets to effectively conduct consultations to benefit the patient, their owner and the practice. It's a great way to learn and I'd recommend to anyone wanting to improve their coaching skills!