The Silver level is delivered as 100 online worksheets which take approximately 20 hours to complete.
Participants will assign a Coach within their practice who will verify their worksheets as they complete each section.
Once the participant has completed all the worksheets and the Coach has verified that they are satisfied with their work, the participant will be awarded the Silver Level of Colourful CPD's Accredited Veterinary Receptionist award and can progress to the final Gold level.
Upon completion of this course you will be confident about your practice's protocols regarding:
- Dealing with enquiries about preventative healthcare.
- Your Preventative healthcare services and products including the features, benefits, and savings of the practice’s healthcare plan to clients.
- Your practice policies surrounding insurance.
- Triaging enquiries relating to clinical presentations.
- Understanding and applying the principles of fielding enquiries about prices, registering clients, in a client-focused manner.
- Understanding the principles of managing your appointment schedules, booking in-patient procedures, repeat prescription medication requests.
- Understanding the basic principles of dealing with clients who are waiting.
- Achieving a purposeful finish and follow-up after the consultation, including asking for payments and arranging follow-up appointments.
- Communication via email and social media.
- Handling negative comments and complaints.
- Payment polices and request for credit.
On completion of the Silver award, we would love to see you continue onto the final Gold Level of the Accredited Veterinary Receptionist Award and complete your qualification to become an Accredited Veterinary Receptionist!
What Our Clients Say
The Silver level of Colourful CPD'S AVR Award has given me a good insight into how much a receptionist has to deal with. Sometimes we feel unimportant, however our workload is varied and needs to be done properly to ensure the smooth running of the practice. It's not until the course has been completed do you realise how many things we do as receptionists and how much we need to know. I have enjoyed the course and I am really grateful to have had such an amazing coach who gave her time to mark my work.