The Gold level of Colourful CPD's Accredited Veterinary Receptionist award takes the form of a series of reflective answers and multiple choice questions, completed online, which the student will be required to submit for marking. The Gold level of the award takes approximately 10-15 hours to complete.
On successful completion of the Gold level, students will become an Accredited Veterinary Receptionist.
Bereavement and Condolences
- Knowledge of the 5 core human emotions.
- Define and understand the different stages and types of grief.
- Awareness of the process of euthanasia in detail and possible complications that may occur during euthanasia.
- Understand the steps involved in the euthanasia consult.
- Understand the human animal bond and owner-pet relationships and be able to support bereaved clients.
- How to look after yourself whilst supporting grieving clients.
Information and Communication Technology
- Demonstrate the ability to use different methods of information technology.
- Understand how different methods of information technology can be used to communicate effectively.
- Apply communication and information technology in day-to-day practice.
- Understand the basic principles of information and communication technology to ensure a prompt, polite, purposeful client experience.
Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Define mental health and wellbeing; what causes it and what damages it.
- Recognise the importance of mental health and wellbeing as a veterinary receptionist.
- Understand why, when, and where it can become compromised as a veterinary receptionist.
- Understand the spectrum of mental health and how to manage it.
- Recognise the differences between resilience and positive mental health, and vulnerability and negative mental health.
Guide to Conduct and Contribution
- Knowledge of the regulatory context in which a veterinary practice operates.
- Understand the contribution and principles expected of the veterinary profession.
Managing Challenging Situations
- Demonstrate the application of skills learnt in Bronze and Silver levels of the Accredited Veterinary Receptionist award to cope and adapt when things don’t go to plan.
- Understand and anticipate why clients may react and recognise the emotions that are the most likely triggers to these client reactions.
- Define appropriate responses to the typical emotions that clients may demonstrate.
- Understand what options, actions or behaviours would be unethical, illegal or unprofessional in any given situation. Furthermore, be able to explain why they would be inappropriate.
- Communicate with emotional intelligence and in an ethical manner.
On completion of all three levels of Colourful CPD's Accredited Veterinary Receptionist award, why not consider some of Colourful CPD's other courses which you can browse via the courses section within your dashboard.
What Our Clients Say
“The Gold level of Colourful CPD's Accredited Veterinary Receptionist award was really cathartic and offered me the opportunity to reflect on what I do every day and value myself and my profession. Years of working at a veterinary clinic can cause you to become engrossed in your role and forget what you truly accomplish on a daily basis. I found the health and well-being section to be the most difficult but also the most beneficial, since it forced me to consider how I felt and how my co-workers feel.”
“I thoroughly enjoyed participating in the AVR Award and I am sad that it has now concluded. I've taken numerous courses over the years, but this one has been the most beneficial to me, and I've learned a lot about myself and how knowledgeable I am. I'd like to express my gratitude to Colourful CPD for assisting me in valuing myself and my colleagues even higher than I had previously!”